Real Estate Law Firm in Suburban Chicago, Illinois
Kavanagh Grumley & Gorbold, LLC's real estate practice focuses on representing clients in connection with development matters for commercial, industrial, residential and office developments. We also have a history of representing governmental bodies as general counsel.
We have represented developers on complex real estate matters utilizing tax increment financing, real estate and retail sales tax abatements on developments exceeding $200 million dollars.
We are proud of our varied real estate transaction practice, providing legal counsel for:
- Negotiation and drafting of complex real estate and planned unit development agreements for both municipalities and developers
- Legal representation for purchasers and sellers in acquisitions in diverse market segments
- Transactional experience in creating and forming limited liability companies and family limited partnerships and other business formation entities for the acquisition and administration of real property
- Enforcement of real estate sales contracts
- Land use and zoning
- General zoning law
- Annexation agreements and entitlements
- Real estate development
- Commercial real estate transactions
- Reimbursement agreements
- Tax planning, including assessments
- Structuring of transactions
- Leasing and property management
- Contractors and subcontractors
- Contractors and subcontractors in connection with governmental projects
- Litigation actions for specific performance, quieting title, easement disputes, zoning disputes, condemnation, commercial and real estate foreclosure, real estate tax deeds and tax objections
- Commercial and residential leases includes the negotiation and drafting of leases and the interpretation of existing lease provisions, as well as actions for forcible entry and detainment, enforcement of lease covenants and money damages
Real Estate and Estate Planning
The lawyers of KG&G help individuals with residential closings and foreclosures. We also provide legal counsel for the utilization of deferred exchanges, reverse 1031 exchanges and other planning tools to assist clients in maximizing their real estate holdings. Learn more about estate planning.
Put our tradition of excellence in service behind your case. In the Joliet area and the southwest suburbs of Chicago, call KG&G at 815-727-4511 or contact us online.