JOLIET’S FULL SERVICE LAW FIRM FOR ALL OF YOUR LEGAL NEEDS IN WILL COUNTY AND NORTHERN ILLINOIS
At Kavanagh Grumley & Gorbold, we serve individuals, businesses, municipalities, and insurers, providing legal counsel and representation for all of their legal needs. Our attorneys can help you with everything from complex commercial litigation to the most routine traffic matter. We represent hospitals, small businesses, physicians, individuals, insurers, and executors of estates of all sizes. We can help you plan for the future and as well as address past events that result in litigation. From real estate transactions to estate planning, we are here to meet your legal needs. From start to finish, from initial claim through appeal, KG&G attorneys are here for you.
LEGAL COUNSEL FOR COMPANIES AND GOVERNMENT INCLUDES:
- Medical Defense: We represent physicians, clinics, hospitals, and other medical practices against claims of malpractice, as well as provide general counsel to help prevent litigation and allow you to efficiently operate your medical practice or health care institution.
- Insurance: We have a longstanding relationship with many insurance companies and have handled thousands of cases for them, including both coverage cases and claims against their insureds.
- Civil Litigation: Whether you have been sued or need to bring a lawsuit, we are here to represent you in court and are experienced representing individual, businesses and governmental entities in cases of all kinds.
- Commercial Litigation: KG&G regularly represents a wide variety of businesses, both small and large, including banks, insurance companies, manufacturers, builders, developers, and utility companies as a small sample. We both advise businesses to prevent litigation, as well as represent companies in complex cases in court, addressing a wide variety of issues, including both contract and tort.
- Construction law: Builders, developers, and other contractors rely on us to draft and enforce contracts, resolve encroachment issues, file and foreclose mechanic liens, defend personal injuries claims, and much more.
- Corporate law: KG&G can advise you of the best entity for your business, assist you in forming the entity, help you with the sale or purchase of stock or assets, provide general business counseling, file annual reports, maintain appropriate minutes, and help manage all other aspects of corporate law.
- Employment law: We protect your business and try to prevent litigation by drafting policies and procedures, employee handbooks, and severance agreements and by providing you with guidance in managing your employees.
- Government and municipal law: We represent governmental agencies and municipalities, serving as legal counsel for fire and police commissions, park districts, forest preserve districts, townships, villages, and cities, providing both advice and in-court representation.
- Real estate, land use and zoning: KG&G can help with commercial, industrial, residential and office developments, requesting zoning changes and variances, sales and purchases of property, annexation agreements, and declarations of covenants and restrictions.
- Appeals: We handle appeals of all types of cases, at both the appellate and supreme court levels and in both state and federal courts, including cases referred from other local attorneys who represented the client at the trial level.
LEGAL COUNSEL FOR INDIVIDUALS INCLUDES:
- Insurance: We represent individuals in their claims for insurance coverage. If your claim has been denied, we can help.
- Employment law: KG&G can help you with wrongful dismissal, whistle-blower matters, and discrimination issues, as well as review employment contracts and severance packages.
- Estate planning/Probate: We draft wills, trusts, powers of attorney for property and health care, and can assist with Medicare planning, estate administration, and guardianships. We also challenge and defend wills and trusts in court.
- Real estate: You can rely on us for your residential real estate closing, zoning and variance issues, and condo association questions.
- Family law: We handle all types of domestic relations cases, including divorce, child support, child custody, visitation, and orders of protection.
- Criminal and Traffic Matters: KG&G represents clients in simple traffic matters, DUIs, commercial trucking violations, misdemeanors, and felonies.
Kavanagh, Grumley & Gorbold is full service law firm with attorneys who focus in many areas of the law. We are here to serve all of your legal needs. If we can’t help you, we would be happy to refer you to someone who can. For legal guidance and court representation in Will County and throughout northern Illinois, Call Kavanagh Grumley & Gorbold at 815-727-4511 or contact us online.