Mr. Washburn practices primarily in the areas of land use and zoning, general business representation, not-for-profit organizations, real estate transactions (including purchases/sales/leasing of property both residential and commercial), estate planning, and estate administration.
Mr. Washburn is experienced in assisting business clients with a variety of issues including business formation, business sales/purchases, annual business filings, commercial real estate, and general business counsel. He also is experienced working with clients to develop appropriate estate planning vehicles to best meet the legal and financial needs of his clients.
Mr. Washburn was appointed to serve on the Business Advice & Financial Planning Section Council of the Illinois State Bar Association in 2019. The Section Council prepares continuing education programs for other attorneys and prepares a monthly newsletter regarding topics related to Business and Financial law.
Mr. Washburn has presented on business law and estate planning topics through the bar association as well as the Small Business Development Center located at Illinois Valley Community College. Mr. Washburn has also co-authored an article in the Illinois School Board Journal regarding the benefits of multi-district transportation agreements for school districts.
- Illinois, 2013
- Northern Illinois University College of Law
- J.D. (cum laude) – 2013
- University of Illinois, Urbana – Champaign
- B.A. – 2009
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Section Council on Business Advice & Financial Planning
- LaSalle County Bar Association
- Will County Bar Association
- Illinois Valley Chamber of Commerce and Economic Development
- LaSalle Excellence Foundation (President)
- Illinois Valley Estate Planning Council (Former Member)